Friday, March 11, 2011

Zombieland

2009, US, directed by Ruben Fleischer

There's little cinematic or other substance to Zombieland, which never pauses to assess the wider implications of a society falling prey to rapidly spreading infection (this is no 28 Days Later or even Shaun of the Dead), but I must confess that it was not difficult to set such questions aside and enjoy what's mostly a pretty breakneck (literally and figuratively) affair. Jesse Eisenberg's a typecast nerd, albeit one who can wield a shotgun with some skill, Woody Harrelson's an equally typecast wild man, and Emma Stone's already displaying the zest with which she infused Easy A; the cast look as though they had a blast coming to work each day, and sometimes that's just enough to keep me amused, too.

No comments:

Index

List of all movies

Most of the images here are either studio publicity stills or screen captures I've made myself; if I've taken your image without giving you credit, please let me know.

About Me

Boston, Massachusetts, United States