Thursday, March 24, 2016

Steve Jobs


2015, US, directed by Danny Boyle

I've little time for the deification of Jobs, and this film doesn't participate in that but I doubt it provides much in the way of insight into the man, either. I'm no great Danny Boyle fan but I will say that he knows his strengths -- he can handle a set-piece with technical skill even if it's a rather empty experience (no surprise that he was behind the Olympic opening ceremony, then), and the film is essentially three extended set pieces, each a variation on a theme, with the repetitiveness and the rhythm, as well as the heavy-handed symbolism of recurring characters, that this suggests. Not a bad film, necessarily, but a pretty hollow one.

No comments:

Index

List of all movies

Most of the images here are either studio publicity stills or screen captures I've made myself; if I've taken your image without giving you credit, please let me know.

About Me

Boston, Massachusetts, United States